Matterport has just released its new Pro3 Camera. Unlike its predecessor, the Pro2, which is intended for indoor spaces only, the Pro3 Camera has the ability to capture both indoor and outdoor spaces, even in direct sunlight. The camera has a "high precision" LiDAR sensor, which allows it to capture points in various conditions. With its new design, the Matterport Pro3 camera is Matterport's lightest and most compact camera to date. It was designed for maximum portability and ease of use.
The Pro3 camera marks Matterport's desire to focus on AEC. With its fast and accurate LiDAR laser, the Pro3 camera is the perfect answer to the precision needs of architects, manufacturers, engineers, contractors, etc.
"The Pro3 camera is the result of years of advanced R&D and listening carefully to our customers. The result is a breakthrough in 3D capture technology," said Lou Marzano, vice president of R&D and manufacturing. "The demands of the digital industry are pushing our product standards to new levels, making accuracy, reach and mobility critical to our customers' success. We've put it all together in a handheld device that reaches a new price/performance threshold for commercial LiDAR capture. Some of our largest enterprise customers have already put the Pro3 to the test - capturing large outdoor sites, from stadiums to campuses, with unprecedented speed and accuracy," said Lou Marzano, Vice President of R&D and Manufacturing.
The Camera Pro 3 in a few figures :
- The camera has a range of up to 100 meters, in less than 20 seconds per scan.
- The accuracy is ±20mm at 10m which is a great improvement compared to the Pro2. The device remains less accurate than the leading laser scanners on the market
- The resolution of the images captured by the camera is 134MP.
- Weighing less than 2.4 kg, the Matterport Pro3 camera is 30% smaller and 35% lighter than the previous Pro2 camera.
- The price of the Matterport Pro3 camera is 5 999 USD